You can register for IELTS quickly and easily through our Online Registration Service.
To register, simply follow the steps below:
1. READ THE INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
Download and read the Information for Candidates. This contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
2. DECIDE WHICH VERSION OF THE TEST IS RIGHT FOR YOU
There are two versions of the IELTS test:
IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
3. CHECK THE IELTS TEST DATES
Click here to check the test dates in Armenia. There are a limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register five weeks before your chosen test date. You can use our Online Registration System to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day or within a week after your main test day. You will receive notification three days in advance of your main test day.
4. REGISTER ONLINE
Use our Online Registration System to book your place on the test.
Please ensure you are able to pay using the method outlined in step 5 and can provide the documents in step 6.
5. COMPLETE THE PAYMENT
The cost of sitting a test is 79.500 AMD if paid in Armenia and 180 EUR if paid abroad. You can pay for your test via bank transfer. The payment should be completed within five working days after the registration date.
Late registration fee is 79 500 AMD if paid in Armenia or 180 EUR if paid abroad.
Here are our bank details.
Beneficiary name: British Council Armenian Branch
Beneficiary account: 001-146026-050
HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC Yerevan, Armenia
SWIFT address: MIDLAM22
HSBC Bank plc
SWIFT address: MIDLGB22
Please contact us for more information.
6. PREPARE AND SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS
Please make sure you send us the following documents when you register for your test:
- A photocopy of your identification document (your passport or European ID card)
- Payment slip
We need the scanned versions of these documents. Please send them to our email within five working days of the registration date. Unfortunately, if we do not receive documents within five working days your application will be cancelled. We cannot process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent us all the necessary information.
Copies of your results
If you would like your results to be sent to universities or other educational institutions, please enter the relevant addresses in the appropriate fields on the online registration form. We can issue a maximum of five copies per student.
Candidates may apply for additional Test Report Forms (TRFs) within 2 years of the actual test date. The candidates will need to cover the additional TRF and postal service expenses.
7. AFTER YOU REGISTER
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
- We will send you a notification email 3 days before the test date giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
For more information please contact our please contact us.
IELTS is designed to be a fair test and your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any special needs that you may have.
We can help you with any special arrangements you require for your test. For example, we offer support for people with visual impairments, hearing difficulties and dyslexia.
Please contact us three months in advance of your test date to find out how you can apply for special arrangements.
You can apply for a refund:
- If you cancel your registration at least five weeks before the test date. You will receive a refund of the test fee, minus a 11 000 AMD administration fee.
- If you cancel your registration within five weeks or less of the test date, you will not receive a refund unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support your cancellation. If you want to do this, please complete and submit a Request for Refund Form with the supporting evidence. We will need to receive your request and supporting evidence no later than five working days after the test date.
Test day transfers
If you want to transfer to a different test date, you need to notify us at least five weeks prior to the test session you have registered for. To do this, please complete and submit a Request for Transfer Form [link to local transfer form]. An administrative fee of 11 000 AMD.
For more information about IELTS please email us, call our info line 0037410552945 find us on Facebook and Twitter or visit the TakeIELTS website.