The British Council Armenia implements English Teachers’ Award Scheme according to which English language teachers in Armenia will be awarded with accumulative points based on the volume of their engagement and participation in our ELT events (teacher competitions, f2f and online teacher trainings/seminars, etc.) and active use of our services (TeachingEnglish and LearnEnglish websites, IELTS test, etc.)
The aim of this project is to encourage our extensive network of English language teachers teaching at various levels of primary, secondary and higher education to drive the utmost benefit from our resources and services as part of their life-long learning and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as well as to appreciate their trust in us.
To achieve this, the following award scheme has been developed, based on which active EL teachers will be entitled to Bronze, Silver or Gold British Council Armenia membership respective of their level of involvement:
• Gold membership for those teachers who collect 700+ points
• Silver membership for those teachers who collect 400+ points
• Bronze membership for those teachers who collect 200+ points
The membership is provided in the format of a plastic card bearing the name and details of the owner and is valid for one year from the time it is granted. The membership is granted as soon as the cumulative points reach the minimum for Bronze level and it is upgradeable to Silver and Gold upon continuation of collecting points.
The membership bonuses provided to the teachers will include:
• Gold Membership: One-off 500GBP financial support for participation in one international TEFL conference.
• Silver Membership: 50% discount for 3 British Council online Teacher training Courses; 30% discount for 3 paid workshops hosted by ELT professionals on the invitation of the British Council.
• Bronze Membership: ELT focused teacher development books and resources; technological devices and gadgets.
Please download the file to learn how to collect points. For more information please contact Addeh Hovassapian, ELT manager.