The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We have been working in Armenia since 2001. Every year we connect with thousands of students, educators, policymakers and artists in Armenia. The focus of our work is on supporting arts and education system reforms and providing opportunities for young people through:
- raising standards of English teaching and learning;
- providing teachers with professional development opportunities;
- improving English and other core skills of young people to build positive pathways for prosperous future and support open, inclusive and resilient societies;
- improving capacity of creative entrepreneurs and policy makers to contribute to sustainable and resilient creative sector in Armenia;
- promoting inclusive art and creating opportunities for people with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups.'
- facilitating HE partnerships that support quality, internationalisation and entrepreneurial education.