English classes for tourism stakeholders for three northern regions of Armenia
The English courses are organised by the British Council within the EU4Business “Innovative Tourism and Technology Development for Armenia’’ project, which is co-funded by the European Union and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the German Development Cooperation (GIZ)
The project is a part of the EU4Business initiative of the European Union.
The project beneficiaries are the organisations and businesses operating in tourism sector of Tavhush, Lori and Shirak regions of Armenia. Around 140 beneficiaries will be included in English courses.
Expected outcoume of the courses
Attending the courses the tourism stakeholders will improve their English knowledge to allow them
- to freely communicate, present and sell their services to foreign visitors
- to feel confident when interacting with tourists
- to make use of English sources for offering tourism services
The course description
- General English courses will be offered at the beginner (A0), elementary (A1 and A2) and intermediate (B1 and B2) levels, integrating tourism vocabulary into the learning process.
- The courses are for the representatives of organisations and businesses operating in tourism sector: tour operators and agencies, tourism information centres, cultural centres, recreational services, hotels / B&Bs, hospitality and transportation services, public institutions, etc.
The classes will focus on the skills of spoken communication, listening comprehension (a range of accents and contexts), reading, writing, grammar and will be adjusted based on the needs assessment.